Splitting this out from the C5 post comments, as it's really a separate item.
Having now used the K1 for several months, along with extensive reading of reviews and write-ups online, the following shows what I think should be part of the K2 refresh.
- Waterproof 'Save video' button (seems a bit strange that this wasn't part of the original spec)
- Wifi on DVR unit, to allow access to view/download data
- Phone app, to allow to view video in realtime (via Wifi), control app settings, etc
- When the 'save video' button is pressed, the unit should keep saving the recording, even if it starts a new video file (currently if a new video file is started, the new recording is not placed in the save folder)
- Waterproof DVR unit
- Touchscreen (nice to have, but if able to control from phone, less important)
- For people who have purchased the K1 v1, the ability to purchase just the upgraded components (at a discount perhaps ? :) )
As I think of more things, I'll update this post. I'm sure others will have comments as well.