The wifi using my Android Note 8 seems to be an issue
Try going into wifi settings, long-press on the wifi name, and click the 'stay connected' option. Android will try to avoid wifi networks with no internet connection, which is probably causing this issue.
A suggestion at least from a iPhone user. On iPhone there is under settings an option to 'Reset Network Settings'. When I had trouble connecting with K2 and my phone via wifi I reset the network, and it cleared things up. Is there such an option on these phones?
I'm running Android 9.0 if that makes any difference. My wife's Pixel 2 is on 8.1.0.
So I've updated to the newest firmware and tried again on my Note 8. Still no luck..same issue. Tried it on an old Galaxy S5 I had..worked like a charm. Also works with my ipad. Somewhere there is an issue with compatibility of the wireless signals (in my opinion).
In saying so..what does the wifi on the K2 support. What bands does it operate on?
I'm having the same issues. My mechanic installed this and connected to the DVR from his phone, but my Google Pixel 2XL gets these error messages - by the way, the correct spelling is ERROR.
I have gone to the INNOVV site and downloaded the most recent firmware and loaded that to the DVR in the root folder. I observed the rapid flashing camera icon during the software load.
I have removed the app from my phone, I have restarted my phone, I have downloaded the app again to my phone, but I continue to have the same issues.
I tried using my wife's Google Pixel 2 and it connected without any issues at all.
The cameras are working and the DVR is working because I pulled some of the videos off the SD card to watch them. The only issue I have is that MY phone won't connect to it.
last file on the right https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qnr7k5j3702qzgj/AACyeCcFSp0efJLkmizVNqi0a/K2.20180814.V0.34?dl=0
Version 34 is the latest.
@Kerry, Understood, Please try on other devices once you have chance, and here our guys have been working on the issue.
Have fun on the adventure, and enjoy🌲 🌲 🌲 😉 😉 😉
I removed the app and reinstalled, relinked everything, even reset the DVR system. Still have issues connected via Wifi on my Note 8. I haven't tested on other anrdoid devices yet as the Note 8 is what travels with me all the time.
@ Raymond Wand
1. Okay restarted/reset DVR via app, and now the unit no longer states, 'unrecognized'.
Good to know.
2. Restarting appears to save front camera only whereas before it would not save front camera only.
This problem has been fixed from the new coming firmware, our guys is doing further testing, and will send you the firmware by email.
3. Videos should have narration, and upgrading firmware is not clear how to do it. (i.e. update the memory card using the usb adapter reader or usb cable from computer to DVR?
You can click below link to and read the instructions to download bin file and update the firmware.
Both the included SD card reader and USB cable are fine.
Indeed, you can find all information from the K2 support page from below link,
@ Kerry Proffitt
The screen shoots is helpful. Will forward it to the developer.
Can you Re- download App and connect the camera system again?
1. Found out by trail and error the cameras have to be attached in order for wifi to work. You won't get a wifi from DVR without cameras hooked in.
WiFi only works when the camera system is powered up and working properly.
Camera system only works after cameras attached into DVR.
2. Although the DVR connects to my iphone when I use the app it now indicates on the app that the unit is 'unrecognized'. But I am still able to get picture front and back.
Can you reinstall the App and link to DVR again? What mode of your iPhone?
3. Firmware may need updating since there is no 'save' function to keep the settings. (i.e. if app is set to only front camera, when restarting unit it appears the app switches back to 'front and back'.)
Have noticed this bug, should be fixed on the coming firmware & App update.
4. Under the plastic tab on DVR there appears to be a reset button, but this is not listed as such anywhere on instructions.
You are skilled and detect it. 😀
Will add it on the coming batch.
5. There should be a link on the app for checking to see if current software is up to date.
The App has function to detect the version of software, it will remind to update to the last version of software if software is older.
For sure, will add the checking on below page.
6. Nothing indicated in literature about best placement of GPS unit. I put mine out on the top of the rear turn signal. But would it still pick up a signal if placed under the seat?
GPS unit should be exposure to the sky.
Will be impact to pick up the signal if under seat.
Yes, will have update on the user manual.
And you can find update and further more information from the support page.
My feedback for consideration to any firmware updates coming down the pipe. Thank you.
Also the packaging is great.
I know Riders like the package, the design, and I am proud of that. 😀
For sure, listening the feedback, ideas, and keep improving including firmware.
Hooked up my K2 and could not get a wifi signal from the DVR. Very simple to install on my 2011 BMW R1200RT. Its a sleek well made unit. Using iPhone 7 with app.
Here you are!