I've had Frostie's modified firmware (higher bit-rate video) 0.57 and am trying to upgrade to the factory 0.64 firmware, but my K2 won't cooperate. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.
Here's what I do:
1) insert an 8 GB SD card into the K2, power on, connect through app, format card from the app. Power off bike, K2 shuts off normally.
2) remove card from K2, insert in PC, copy the "K2.bin" 0.64 firmware file to the card. It is the only file on the card.
3) insert card w/new firmware into K2, key on. K2 powers up, but the red camera icon only blinks once. Green "movie camera" and blue "WiFi" icons stay on steadily. Nothing happens.
I've let it sit this way for several minutes. Nothing further happens.
4) power off bike. K2 does not shut down on its own, I have to use the physical button.
5) Remove SD card with firmware file. Either reinstall my normal card or no card, turn on bike, K2 powers up, connect through app. K2 still has 0.57 firmware.
So clearly the K2 is not loading the new firmware file. What am I doing wrong?
Things I've tried:
1) using other SD cards. I tried a 32 GB card and a 16 GB card. Same result.
2) using other firmware. I tried reinstalling the factory 0.57 firmware. Same result.
3) checked battery voltage. It is 13.0V with the bike not running. So, the K2 is not shutting down due to lack of power.
4) tried all of the above with engine running, to ensure plenty of power. Same result.