I've had the K2 installed for over 5,000 miles now. I like it, it's a good system, but there are a few niggling issues that I would like to see addressed to make it a great system.
1) We NEED a way to protect files from being overwritten. Currently there is no way to mark a recorded file as "protected." The system can do it by itself (by putting the file in the PARK folder) but we, as a user, can't do it. If I am out on a ride and I see something awesome (or scary or whatever), I want to be able to go into the K2 app and say "protect the current recording". I go on trips where I'm riding for 11 to 12 hours a day, so my entire 256-gigabyte memory card will be overwritten several times on a trip, so I need a way to protect certain files. Ideally, I'd like an option on the main screen that says something like "protect the last five minutes" or so, so that with the push of a button I can ensure that whatever's been recently recorded and is currently being recorded, will be protected from being deleted. This would be a HUGE upgrade for the K2 system.
2) Please fix the "mobile data" bug, where the phone cannot connect to the K2 unless the phone has been put in "airplane mode" or has mobile data disabled. This is a serious limitation and basically renders the phone app unusable while riding, because if I have to choose between mobile data or K2 app, mobile data wins.
3) Fix the G sensor. I have a Harley, Harleys vibrate some, and even with the G sensor set on "low" I find that about 1/3 of the recorded videos end up in the PARK folder. That's pretty much useless. The sensor is way too sensitive and should only be triggering when there's a real collision event, not just when running over some Bott's Dots on the highway.
4) Playback on the phone is pretty much useless. I have a premium powerful phone, the Google Pixel 2 XL, and trying to play back files from the K2 results in very stuttery performance. I'll get maybe three seconds of playback, then it pauses and buffers for two or three seconds, then plays for three, then pauses, etcetera. It's not useful.
5) Why is transferring a file to the phone so interminably slow? It's wi-fi, it should be pretty quick, but it takes forever to copy a five-minute file. It makes copying a file pointless. Note, copying the file was my attempt to work around point #1 above, but it takes so long it's just not practical.
6) Battery drain issue needs to be fixed. It doesn't seem to bother my bike much, but it definitely bothers other bikes, and this should be a high priority item to get fixed.