I have a K2 unit since about a year or so and everything was working as expected until today.
While changing the SD card for a bigger one, I noticed that the DVR wouldn't stay ON normally and was constantly rebooting. At first I thought that the new SD card was faulty so quickly put back the older one.
But that didn't change a thing. So I tried to debug :
- Connected an external USB power supply instead of the bike's own battery -> No change
- Tried to boot without SD Card at all --> No Change
- Tried to reflash the firmware --> Firmware did flash OK but the issue remained
- Tried to boot without cameras & GPS connected --> No change
- Then I tried to connect the Rear camera to the Front connector on the DVR --> DVR did boot fine !
- Tried to connect everything back (motorcycle battery & GPS) but still with only the rear camera plugged into the Front connector on the DVR --> Still Works Ok
- Reconnect both cameras to the correct positions on the DVR --> The Issue reappears
It seems that as soon as I connect the front camera, the DVR refuse to work and goes into a bootloop.
How can I further diagnose the faulty part ? Should I return the front camera ?
Here is a quick video of my problem :