members.png
Aug 29, 2017

Two C5 cameras mounted on 2016 Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S

8 comments

Aug 29, 2017Edited: Aug 30, 2017

I mounted two Innovv C5 cameras on my Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S. Installation was easy, but there are many wires to secure under the seat. The front camera uses a OEM bolt that holds the fog lights. The rear camera is attached with a screw thru the plastic fender. I used the accessory plug under the seat for activation when key is turned. I can connect to each camera separately using the Innovv App. I haven't tried the cameras on the road yet. It is rainy season here in Thailand.

Day Two: Tested the cameras today. Connection via Wi-Fi was easy with one unit and impossible with the other. I removed the seats and both recorders were extremely hot~! Too hot to touch! Dangerously hot under a seat near the battery and fuses. I removed the SD cards to view the recorded files. Files extensions are .TS. I must convert them to edit. The Innovv app crashes trying to connect to one recorder. It works fine with the second recorder.

Fixed the connection problem. Replaced the SD cards with better cards. I was using cheaper Class-10 32GB cards. One was bad or would not format. So far, I rate the camera 4 out of 5 for marginal quality over-heating and choice of .TS file format.

Aug 30, 2017

Hi Bob, Thanks for sharing, looks like the L shape bracket mounted the lens very firm.

Aug 31, 2017

Further more, I would like to learn that the current cable length lens is 1.8 meter, for installing the lens under head light, how long it will be perfect for Kawasaki Vulcan 650 S?

Aug 31, 2017Edited: Aug 31, 2017

I used the straight bracket with the l-shaped bracket to move the front camera up and forward. I see less fender and more of the road ahead. The camera cable could be 1.5 long to connect a front camera. A shorter 1m to 1.2 m cable would be better for a rear camera installation. Most of the wire under my seat is from the rear camera.

Aug 31, 2017

Understand the video cable length preference.

The nice and smart, L shape and I shape bracket mounted together.

Sep 1, 2017

I removed the small toolkit under the seat to make more room for the recorders. I am hoping it helps with the overheating situation too.

Sep 1, 2017

To make DVR to be waterproof, there is no gap/hole to release the heat generated by chipset inside of case to outside, so the heat was transferred through aluminum case which is designed for heat release.

The highest temperature from meal case will be 50C degree in recording.

We have done oven test at 65C degree to record 24 hours without stop, the cameras worked without issue.

Sep 5, 2017

SUCCESS! After considerable testing and help from Rock, it appears the issues I was having with the cameras was caused by the [imitation] cheap SD cards I placed in the DVR. I purchased two SanDisk Ultra, 32GB Class 10 micro SD Cards from a reputable source. Once inserted, I could connect to either camera, view live recordings and see saved videos. Everything is working as intended!

• Hi, Last week we(in Europe) changed time to be one hour back(-1h), due to switching from summer to winter time. My C5 doesn't want to switch to correct time and stays one hour ahead. There is no way to change it through the app settings manually. C5 firmware and the App on the smartphone(iPhone 6) are both last versions. I leaved the Phone app connected through the WiFi to C5 permanently, everything works fine, phone has the right time, but C5 still works with timestamp 1 hour ahead. What to do to fix that?
  • The camera doesn't connect, and the red light stays on, so I have no idea if it has recorded anything, the forum is no help, waste of money!
  • Hello, I bought a replacement C5 for a broken one. I updated the firmware and it seems to behave normally but I cannot turn off the WiFi. When I press the green button it flashes and eventually reconnects. It never gives the 1 flash per second. Has there been a change? Thanks.
© INNOVV TECH CO., LTD @ 2013~2019
  • w-tbird
  • w-facebook
  • w-googleplus